Monday, October 3, 2011

Red Bean Bun

I have 1 week term break, basically I did not have any vacation. Just went to my friend's house for cooking session and wine, its actually fun. Just to cook together and eat. If you know me, you would know that I only drink wine, no beer. Because every wine have their own specific taste and its interesting. :)

Lately, I'm so into bread. As I heard from everybody, its really really hard to make a perfect bread. By perfect I mean, the texture and moisture of the bread. I tried like 3 times making white loaf bread with a bread machine. Once, I made red bean loaf, I rolled red bean paste inside the dough and bake it. I made the red bean paste myself and there was a lot left so I decided to make red bean buns. At 1st, it look easy for me but when I tried to roll the dough into round shape with the red bean paste in it, its hard to keep the paste in the center. Haha

Ingredients

143ml water
35g egg
25g sugar
5g salt
250g bread flour
5g yeast
38g unsalted butter

STEP 1

If you have a bread machine, on the menu click on "dough" or you can also use a mixer with a dough hook to mix all these ingredients. Place the ingredients into the pan or bowl in order.

(1) Water and egg
(2) Sifted bread flour
(3) Salt in a corner
(4) Sugar in another corner
(5) Butter
(6) Yeast *use your finger and create a hole in the flour, put it in. Make sure the yeast does not get in touch with the liquid*



STEP 2

After the dough have gain its elasticity, you can check with the "window test". Knead it on a floured surface for 10 minutes.

Then place it in a greased bowl and wrap with cling film. Let it proof for 1 hour or until the size doubled.



STEP 3

When the size have doubled up, remove the dough from the bowl.

Place it on the floured surface and punch all the air out.



STEP 4

Knead for 5 minutes, and divide the dough into 60g.



STEP 5

Roll all of them into round shapes.



STEP 6

Flatten the mini dough and place the red bean paste in the center.

Then conceal them nicely, make sure the red bean paste is wrapped fully.



STEP 7

Flatten the mini dough with filling again. LET IT PROOF FOR ! HOUR.

This is where I did wrong. I did not let it proof 1st before I cut the sides of the dough.



STEP 8

After 1 hour, take a sharp scissors and cut the sides of the dough to make the flower shape.



STEP 9

Egg wash them and what you waiting for?! Bake it at 180'C for 20 minutes.

REMEMBER TO PRE-HEAT YOUR OVEN FOR 10 MINUTES BEFORE YOU BAKE.

Enjoy :D

THE END~~

No comments:

Post a Comment